Check out our handy spring tips for around the home plus our exclusive spring promo when you list with us and what’s on this Spring School Holidays!
Spring is here and with the beautiful weather comes some must do’s in and around the home to ensure your property is ready for the warmer months ahead.
Firstly: List your property with Salt Property Group before 31st November 2021 and receive a garden clean up on us!
If your not looking to take advantage of the Spring Selling Season, here are a few handy tips to prepare your home for the warmer months to come:
- TURN YOUR SPRINKLERS BACK ON! Now the winter water ban is over it’s time to turn the sprinklers back on to maintain that gorgeous lawn!
- De-clutter: A fresh Household Beginning: Dispose of anything outdated or that you no longer need or use – this includes the fridge and pantry!
- Use magic eraser for those stubborn scuff marks on walls, floors etc (you would be amazed!)
- If you haven’t been brave enough to weather the storms this winter, this is the last chance to stop the weed seeds from burying themselves into the ground for next year’s weed crop.
- Refresh the soil in garden beds. Add manures, wetting agent and compost. Lightly turn this over into the beds.
- Most potted plants will need to be repotted or at least some fresh potting mix added to the top layer. This is the best time to do it. Give plants a light trim first before digging out some of the soil with a hand trowel. Top up with fresh potting mix with a bit of added compost.
- Refresh the herb garden. The warm or semi-tropical herbs will have died off or succumbed to fungal diseases.
- Check the level of your mulch. If it’s less than 5cm it may need to be topped up before November.
- Fertilise your citrus trees. Oranges, limes and lemons will continue to flower and set fruit.
- Check your lawn for dead patches. It may need top dressing with a compost and loamy sand-based soil blend. You can mow it short to get all the good stuff into the subsoil.
- Roses are going to start their blooming with great abundance soon. Remember to protect their leaves from fungal diseases with a preventative spray of one part organic milk to 10 parts water.
Things do this school holidays:
- The Perth Royal Show is back! With over 101 free things to see and do, this truly is Perth’s biggest ticket.
- Grab the whole family and go picking at one of our many Strawberry Farms. Find a list here.
- Attend Brickwrecks at the Maritime Museum, built by the one and only Brickman from Lego Masters. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Entertain the little ones with a Mega Kids Pass at Westfield Carousel. Show your skills at our arcade style pop-up complete with three mini bowling lanes and basketball hoops.
- Glowing Rooms 3D Mini Golf. Escape the everyday as you navigate your way around hidden obstacles in the extraordinary settings of Glowing Rooms Australia!
- Book a fund day out at Goanna Mini Golf Point Walter Golf Course and check out the state of the art 18-hole mini golf course and alfresco.
- Adventure World season opens Saturday 25th September. Check out the awesome Early Bird Season Pass Sale!
If you’ve been thinking about selling and would like to get a current market appraisal on your property so that you are selling in the Spring market contact the Sales Team and receive your free market appraisal within 24 hours!