Booragoon has 2,312 dwellings with an average of 2.6 people per dwelling makes a population of about 5,532 residents. The median house price is $850,000 and weekly rental price of $450 (as of August 2017). Booragoon is best known for Garden City Shopping Centre, with the highest turnover than any other centre in Western Australia.
The AMP Capital Shopping Centre is progressing with plans to redevelop the centre which aims to transform the retail, leisure, entertainment and food offer of Perth’s most iconic shopping centre. On completion the centre is expected to have:
• Expanded and refurbished department stores
• Two new full line supermarkets
• An impressive range of large format international fast fashion retailers and flagship stores
• A comprehensive main street casual dining and leisure precinct
• A new Hoyts Cinema complex
• A comprehensive assortment of fresh food
The development of Garden City will increase the size of the centre from 72,000 square metres to approximately 120,000 square metres and once completed, will be WA’s largest fashion and leisure destination.